- Utility Assistance
- Burial Program
- Van Transportation
- Nursing Home Outreach
- VA Claims Assistance
- Military Injury Relief Fund
- War Orphans Scholarship
- Ohio Bonus Program
- Important Phone Numbers
- Seasonal - This program is reviewed annually
- Household income must be below guidelines
- Liquid assets not more than $25,000
- Utility bills must be in Veterans or spouses name
- Must apply for HEAP and Ohio Energy Credit
- Must apple for Home Weatherization Program
A one time assistance may be issued to the person taking responsibility for paying the final burial expenses of a Mahoning County Veteran who passed away.
- We have van transportation for veterans with medical appointments at the Louis Stokes VA medical facility.
- Monday-Friday (excluding legal holidays).
- Seats are limited and are scheduled on a first come, first seated basis.
If you are a war time Veteran or the spouse of a war time veteran in a nursing home, you could be eligible for Department of Veterans Affairs benefits. We have a Nursing Home Outreach person in the office available to answer your questions.
VA CLAIMS ASSISTANCE
Our Service Officers are highly trained and professional. They are strong advocates that serve as an essential link between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Veterans of Mahoning County. Our Service Offices assist veterans who may need help filing claims such as:
- Service Connected Compensation
- Non-service connected pension
- Survivors (widows) benefits
- Researching and obtaining DD-214's
- Applying for federal burial benefits
If you are a veteran or a dependent of a veteran(living or deceased) and believe you have a claim for benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs, we encourage you to call our office to speak with a Service Officer.
Monetary compensation for injured veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship Program awards tuition assistance to the children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans who served in the armed forces during a period of declared war or conflict.
Ohio Veterans Bonus Program
|Cleveland VA Regional Office
|VA Life Insurance
|VA Health Benefits Office
|VA Office of SGLI
|VA Education Benefits
|VA Pension Center
|VA Medical Appointments/Scripts
|Gulf War Assistance
|Headstones (status of claims only)
|Telecommunication Device for Deaf (TDD)