Data Processing (I.T.)
Jacob A. Williams
Director of Information Technology
The Data Processing (I.T.) Department shall provide and maintain a reliable network infrastructure and knowledgeable staff necessary to support the information systems critical to the County's day to day operations. Additionally, the Data Processing Department will provide proactive, cost effective solutions for County workflow processes and network environment.
What Areas of Government is this Office Responsible for?
Data Processing is the county's Information Technologies Department. It is responsible for the research, implementation, administration & maintenance of the county computer systems and technology direction. Areas of responsibility include support of all software and computer hardware, including support of database, internet and web applications, hard wired and wireless Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) design, support and administration, telephony systems and phones administration. Additionally, I.T. provides computer training to all employees of the county, provides an internal helpdesk for answering questions, and continually searches for new ways to better serve the employees of the county leveraging cost effective technology solutions.
- Support and maintain OS software for servers (48) and workstations (1025), including application set.
- Support & maintain SQL database systems for Courts, Real Estate, GIS, Financials and HR/Payroll .
- Provide internet services, including e-mail, secure internet browsing, & Intranet services.
- Train employees by offering year round classes on critical county software applications.
- Support and maintain WAN & LAN, integrating Data and Voice technologies, as well as supporting all telephony services.
- All county technology requests/purchases must be approved by the I.T Director, & if over $1000.00, must also be approved by the Data Board.
Data Processing is funded entirely by the General Fund.