How to Apply
DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES (MCDJFS) provides assistance to low-income individuals and families.
Applications may be submitted in person at the agency's office located at Oakhill Renaissance Place, 345 Oakhill Ave., Youngstown, Ohio 44502.
The office is open from 7:15am until 4:30pm.
Applications can also be mailed to P.O. Box 600, Youngstown Ohio, 44501-0600 or faxed to 330-740-2617. Applications can be submitted electronically by clicking http://ODJFSBenefits.Ohio.gov
If you have questions, please call 330-740-2600
Things you should bring with you when you apply in person:
- Photo ID
- Social Security card for each individual
- Proof of age, identity, and citizenship (birth certificate)
- Proof of income (pay stubs or award letter)
- Bank statements for savings and checking accounts
- Stocks, bonds, IRA's, etc.
- Life insurance policies
- Vehicle registration or title
- Rent or mortgage receipts
- Utility bills
If there is information you need, the agency will assist you in getting that information whenever possible.
A decision about your application is usually made within thirty (30) days of the date of application. Medical benefits can take longer to approve or deny. You should apply as soon as you think you might be eligible.