“The mission of the Purchasing Department is to provide cost effectiveness and accountability in the manner in which goods and services are acquired with public funds.”
What We Do:
Acquisition of goods and services in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code and Mahoning County Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for the acquisition of common goods and services inherent to all county agencies and departments where the Board of Commissioners is the contracting/appointing authority.
For agencies and departments not under the County Commissioners contracting and/or appointing authority, a spirit of cooperation and coordination will be pursued. This will further benefit economy of scale discount levels being obtained through total quantity usage.
- Review all requisitions for compliance with O.R.C. and purchasing policies/procedures
- Administration of Purchase Orders and Contracts
- Ordering of Goods/Services
- Issuance, Opening and Reviewing of Bids
- Review of Bid Tabulations/Recommendations for Award
- Updates/Revisions to Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual
- Establishment of standardization and economy of scale annual contracts for goods/services
- Participation in State Cooperative Purchasing contracts and/or other joint purchasing options
- Functional lead for the entire PeopleSoft Purchasing Module
All county agencies and departments where the B.M.C.C. is the contracting and/or appropriating authority as well as noncontracting and/or appropriating county agencies and departments.
The Purchasing Department is fully funded by the General Fund.