He is a proud product of the Mahoning Valley, born and raised in Boardman, Ohio. With his wife and daughters living in this great community, he has a personal stake in keeping Mahoning County safe in the present and the future.
He has worked for the Sheriff’s Office and has learned its processes from the ground level up to the office of Sheriff. The combination of his bachelors degree in criminal justice, training at the FBI National Academy and most importantly his twenty two years working with the Sheriff’s Office makes him the candidate who is most qualified to fill the office of Mahoning County Sheriff.
Education and qualifications:
• 1984 - Graduate of Boardman High School
• 1989 - Commissioned as Deputy for the Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office
• 2000 - Graduate of Youngstown State University with a Bachelors of Science and Applied Science in Criminal Justice, with a Minor in Management
• 2003 - Promoted to the rank of Sergeant with the MCSO
• 2007 - Promoted to the rank of Captain with the MCSO
• 2008 - Graduate of the FBI National Academy
• Certified by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Association in Corrections
• Member of the National Sheriff’s Association
• Member of the FBI National Academy Association