Show All Answers
If you answer yes to all of the following questions, you may apply for the Homestead Exemption program for Tax Year 2018:
- Did you own and occupy the homestead as the applicant’s domicile on January 1, 2018?
- Are you at least 65 years of age or will reach age 65 during calendar year 2018?
- Are you certified totally and permanently disabled as of January 1, 2018, regardless of age?
- Are you a surviving spouse of a qualified homeowner who was receiving the Homestead Exemption at the time of death, and who was at least 59 years of age on the date of their spouse’s death?
- For calendar year 2017, was your income $32,200 or less as stated on your Ohio Income Tax Return (Line 3)? (Includes both the applicant and the applicant’s spouse’s combined incomes).
Complaints against the valuation of real property for tax year 2017 must be filed and received on or before Monday, April 2, 2018 by 4:30 p.m. in the Mahoning County Auditor’s Office in the Mahoning County Courthouse, which is located at:
120 Market Street
Youngstown, OH 44503