Mahoning County Parks have plenty of recreational opportunities for all ages to enjoy. Many of the parks in Mahoning County offer playground areas, sports, pavilions, indoor meeting rooms and picnic areas. Some offer free concerts in the summer. If you are looking for something fun to do or would just like to enjoy the outdoors for a day, visit one of Mahoning County’s beautiful parks.
Useful Information about Mahoning County Parks
- Austintown Township Park offers free concerts every Tuesday evening from June through August and also offers an indoor rental facility.
- Roosevelt Park offers free music every Sunday during the summer.
- Boardman Township Park has indoor meeting rooms, open-air pavilions, St. James Meeting House and Gazebo, which are all available for family events, business meetings and weddings by reservations.
Mill Creek MetroParks
- Fellows Riverside Gardens has a seasonal collection of roses as well as displays of perennials and annual flowers. They also have a horticultural library, café and gift shop.
- Ford Nature Educational Center features hands-on exhibits and live reptiles. Nature programs and weekly nature hikes are also offered.
- Mill Creek MetroParks Farm offers agricultural educational tours (by reservation only). McMahon Hall, a 200 person rental facility, is located on the farm and is available for private rentals.
- Lanterman’s Mill is a living history museum that houses displays and demonstrates the process of a grist mill as it operated in the 1800s. Tours are available.
- Yellow Creek Park offers indoor and outdoor facilities for private rentals.
Below is a listing of parks in Mahoning County and their phone numbers:
|Austintown Township Park
||Youngstown Parks and Recreation
|Boardman Township Park
Borts Ball Field
|Campbell City Parks Department
|| Borts Pool
| Jackson Park
|| Crandall Park
| Roosevelt Park
|| Gibson Ball field
|Mill Creek MetroParks Admin. Office
|| Homestead Park
| Fellows Riverside Gardens
|| Johnson Park
| Ford Nature Educational Center
|| Lincoln Park
| Mill Creek MetroParks Farm
|| North Side Pool
| Lanterman’s Mill
|| Oakland Field
| Yellow Creek Park
|| Pemberton Field
| Other Mill Creek Attractions
|| Henry Stambaugh Golf Course
|| Sports Complex
||Wick Park Recreation Center
|Struthers - Mauthe Park
All Ohio State Parks
(The Picture above is from Mill Creek Park in the Autumn.)