The Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office is concerned for the health and safety of our staff, incarcerated adults and their loved ones. Because of this, we are putting several safety measures in place within our facility as we prepare for the potential operational impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is necessary to protect all Mahoning County residents to the best of our ability. These safety measures include:
- Visitation of inmates will be suspended indefinitely, other than clergy, attorneys and video visitation;
- All volunteer programming will be suspended indefinitely;
- Only mission critical contractors (construction, medical, food service, etc.) will be permitted to enter the Mahoning County Justice Center. Mission Critical will be determined by the Sheriff or his designee;
- Mission critical contractors and attorney health screenings will begin upon entry into the facilities;
- Sheriff’s Office Record Department has been closed indefinitely to non-court ordered functions. This includes background checks.
- The lobby of the Justice Center has been closed. All entering visitors must hit the button in the exterior vestibule of the lobby and state what the reason is they are here.
These restrictions will be continuously reviewed and re-evaluated. The goal of the Sheriff’s Office will be to lift these restrictions as soon as possible without putting anyone at risk.